Wednesday, August 11, 2004

It's Always Better on Holiday

I have no classes in August. No work, either. No responsibilities of any kind. It is sweet. So of course I have spent the past couple of weeks playing tourist in Montreal, as well as going on a whirlwind tour of exotic southern Ontario (mainly Kingston, but I'll be in Kitchener-Waterloo tomorrow for Lindsay's fancy dinner party).

Here's what I have been up to over the past little while:

  • Went to the Biodome with Catherine, where we saw emperor penguins, lots of beautiful birds, capybaras, a golden tamarin monkey and an otter.
  • Enjoyed two Montreal museums with Toronto Ben.
  • Spent a day acting like spastic, ADHD-stricken six-year-olds at La Ronde with some of my favourite people.
  • Bought cute new shoes that hurt my feet a little. But they are so insanely cute, the pain will be happily tolerated.
  • Saw Buck 65 and Jason Collett with Rob and Mitch .
  • Attended the Wolfe Island Music Festival, where we enjoyed the musical stylings of Sir Joel Plaskett, Pete Elkas, The Sadies, Jay Harris, Matt and Jill Barber, an incognito Luther Wright and the Wrongs, Sarah Harmer and a host of others. I'd never been to Wolfe Island in my four years spent in Kingston, so that was exciting. It is very cute and very quaint and very boring and smelled like home fries. I also ran into a bunch of people there who I hadn't seen in forever, and thought I'd probably never see again.
  • Did all of my usual favourite Kingston things (Common Ground, The Toucan, the Kingston tour trolley, the UBS, White Mountain, shopping on Princess Street, Zap Records) and saw most of my favourite residual Kingston people (Rob, Kem, Tiffany, Meghann, Yonek).

I'll be spending the balance of August in the GTA, spending time with my family, seeing friends, and interning at a community newspaper. Expect fewer posts than usual. I find that nothing much of interest ever happens around here.

(Now Playing: "Where Do The Days Go", The Flashing Lights)


2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

"I find that nothing much of interest ever happens around here."

Too true. Too frickin' true

11:51 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Yeah? Well, you stole it from a Franz Ferdinand song!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home