Sunday, August 22, 2004

Scream and Yell

This is sad. Hopefully, they'll recover them. I'm happy I got to see them both at the AGO'S Munch exhibit when I was seventeen, at any rate.

Yesterday was Janki's bridal shower. She looked beautiful and very much like a grown-up. I wore heels and a skirt and expensive lipstick and offered up a big wrapped present with a big gold bow and a plate of home-made shortbread cookies. I felt like my mother.

So, here's the ongoing tally:

Number of couples of my approximate age who I know personally who are married: 7
Number of couples of my approximate age who I know personally who are engaged: 5

Fair word of warning: if anyone else I know gets engaged within the year - ass? Kicked.

(Now playing: "Please Stay (Once You Go Away)", Greg Dulli's Twilight Singers)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sofi said...

That's obviously the only permissible exception.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home