Sunday, April 17, 2005

Paradise City

I’m remembering why I loved Kingston so completely. It’s small and charming and beautiful and everything or anyone you could ever need is a five minute walk away.


I feel like the best possible version of myself when I am here.

I'm really enjoying my internship so far. The people at the Whig are friendly and funny and are actually interested in who I am and what I want to write for them. It was ridiculous how many times people checked in on me throughout the day to make sure I was doing okay. I would never have experienced anything close to this in Toronto or Montreal.

Some Kingston highlights:

  • A kick-ass Hidden Cameras/Dandi Wind show at Elixir
  • Frequenting my beloved Toucan three times in as many days
  • The happy consumption of much grease from a variety of eateries, including Morrison’s
  • Discovering a sooper secret rehearsal of my most favourite Kingston-based band, The Orange Alabaster Mushroom (fronted by the amazing Mr. Greg Watson) at the Scherzo. I sat in on it for a little while and pretended the show was just for me. Since I know Grog will read this: thanks very much for “Lucy Leave”.
  • A late night sex toy reconnaissance mission with Jenny
  • Randomly running into many friends, both new and old

Lindsay will be here soon. We're going to party like it’s 2003.

(Now playing: “Don’t Lead Me On”, The Smoke. And holy smokes!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Peter Lynn said...

Sofi,

For some reason, I can't respond to your comment on my blog, so I'll just leave a comment on yours: I regret to say that Beulah played their show last August.

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You saw the Hidden Cameras, are frequenting the Toucan, and mentioned sex toys.

One giant HARRUMPH.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Wow, you're all about Harrumphs lately.

Holy shit! Over 10 000 hits! When did THAT happen?

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay. Life is fairly harrumphicular lately.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

You know what? It actually kind of is.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home