Thursday, July 01, 2004

True Patriot Love

The following post includes 97% Canadian content:

I celebrated Canada Day by eating birthday cake with Ben, Andrew and Alex. Unfortunately, that was the extent of my partying-down-ness. I've been so bogged down with schoolwork, it's ridiculous. I don't understand why the program is so intensive during the SUMMER when it's nice out.

I severely want a watch tan. It hasn't happened yet.

I should perhaps mention that I had a very interesting election night. Our print prof had us cover it live, and file the piece for the following morning. It was a late, crazy night. I hung out in the Liberal campaign office in my riding and drank their beer (Labatt Blue? Wouldn't Rickard's Red have been more appropriate?) and followed that up by attending the Bloc Quebecois victory party with Paul. Definitely something to behold. Bloc supporters are a fascinating, insane breed. The noise and energy was akin to a sporting event, and their blind fervor for Gilles Duceppe was akin to devotion to a cult leader. The creepiest thing about it was how easily I could have been swept up in the excitement. "Vive le Quebec Libre!" I wanted to shout. Lots of real media-types were covering Duceppe's speech. Some of them looked younger than me, which was a bit depressing.

You should pick up the July/August issue of Chart, with the Beastie Boys on the cover. My very first full-page feature is inside. I'm proudest of the "Sweet on You" sidebar. It reminds me of the stuff that I used to write for Golden Words. I honestly can't believe I can get away with that kind of shit in a real magazine.

I don't want to do anymore schoolwork. I don't want to do anymore schoolwork.
I don't want to do anymore schoolwork. I don't want to do anymore schoolwork.
I don't want to do anymore schoolwork. I don't want to do anymore schoolwork.

(Now playing: "The Town Halo", AC Newman)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home