Saturday, December 11, 2004

Homeward Bound

Toronto people: I plan on being back there early this week. I just have to tie up a few loose ends here (phonebills, internship applications, etc.) and I am on the next wildly over-priced train ride home.

I'm coming back a few days earlier than anticipated in order to surprise my parents. Hmmm...maybe I'll have my younger brother tell them that I won't be able to make it for Christmas because of schoolwork, but then I will suddenly pop out of the pantry (my lovely shiny blonde ringlets bouncing) and Bob Cratchit will hug me and be happy. Uh. I mean my dad. My dad will hug me.

Yesterday was the first major snowfall of the season. I usually hate the snow, but it's just so clean and beautiful right now. Last night at sunset, the sky was this amazing violet colour, and it made the snow look pale blue. I'm pretty enamored with it at the moment, but I'm sure the novelty will quickly wear off.

Finally, anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a big metal fan. All that aggression and testosterone, ugh! However, I would be remiss to not mention the incredibly senseless murder of Darrell Abbott the other day. Jay's blog has really nice tribute that I think you should all read.

(Now playing: The Witch Hazel Sound, "Blue City")

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sofi, of course the lazy me had to miss you again last night... the show was good? I've never been to the venue. Hope you have a good break at home (will be better than mine, for sure) and I'll see you next year!

-Priscilla

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home