Wednesday, July 06, 2005

My Sweet Lord

Here's what I wanted to write:

Christian Contemporary/Christian Rock

(Band name)
(Album title)

•Christian rockers smell up the joint with derivative crap!
•Features the hits (Song) and (Other Song). But by "hits" we mean
"hits on Christian radio". Which really isn't the same thing at all!
•Not even Jesus would love them!


Here's what I actually wrote:

Christian Contemporary/Christian Rock


(Band name)
(Album title)

•Potentially the next big thing on the Christian rock scene, this
Texas-based band combine heartfelt lyrics and uplifting melodies with
straight-ahead rock.
•As seen on tour with (other awesome Christian band).
•Features the hits (Song) and (Other Song).


Work's funny that way. I'm still mentally making the adjustment from legit music critic to salesperson, essentially. I don't mind too much. I think of it as a fun challenge. In the wise words of Miss Lindsay Lynch, "Selling out is the new having integrity!"

Some fantastic news on the ego-boosting front: I just found out that I was selected as a model for the Parkdale Pin-Up photography project. I'd like to think they were drawn to me because of my flawless skin, killer smile and gorgeous eyes - but it was probably due to my huge rack and penchant for Labatt 50. Anyone who knows me well knows that I love pin-up girls and that whole aesthetic, so it blows my mind that I'll be able to dress up and pose similarly. The shoot isn't until the end of August, so I will hopefully be able to squeeze in a few sit-ups between then and now. But whatever. It's high time that I learn to be comfortable with my body. Acting all playful-sexy in front of a camera and seeing the finished product will do me a world of good.

I'll post the photos here eventually - if they aren't too saucy, I mean.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(Now playing: "Boum Bada Boum", Minouche Barelli)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean you get to buy a pin-up dress from the woman we met at [our secret rendezvous]? Oh, I hope so!!! Maybe she will even give you a discount if you can get her store name in the photo credit...YAY FOR SUPERMODEL SOFI!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Pin-up Model Sofi!

That's hot. Really. I look forward to the photos.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Caitlin H. said...

Christian rock....SHUDDER.

I, for one, am glad there's no Scientology rock. Well, not until Tom Cruise gets himself a record deal a la Russell Crowe. eeeep.

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to be a pin-up girl too! That's so awesome, Sofi. That picture is going to turn out so gorgeous!

-Melissa

4:46 PM  
Blogger I am the lizard queen said...

You're going to be the new Betty Page (though maybe a little less S&M-ish). The righteous power of your huge rack will cause all Christian rockers to worship the devil and consequently make better music.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I to learn abt it in detail?

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home