Thursday, June 09, 2005

I'm With The Band

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Objects in photo are hotter than they appear.

(L-R: Chart's Angels Caitlin Hotchkiss, Chrissy Estima, and your ever-faithful blogger. In 3000 degree heat, no less.)

Last night's NxNE kick-off/Chart anniversary party felt a lot like highschool (had highschool been held in a church with free food and alcohol). In the bathroom, girls tittered about boys they wanted to make out with. ("He's so hot!" "I KNOW!") Boys gave girls the look with all of the pluck reserved for teenagers who don't yet know that shameless leering is wrong. ("Hey there. What do YOU do?") Excessive hugging. Catty glares. Schmoozing. Schmooches. Boys danced with groups of boys and girls danced with groups of girls. Longing glances were cast.

Yes, people at industry parties apparently have the collective mentality of 17-year-olds. And I was no exception. Especially since I was in full-on hey-let's-look-for-Canadian-celebrities mode! I was certainly not disappointed to that end.

B-list Canadian (mostly) celebs spotted:

  • Moe Berg
  • Zach Werner (surrounded by a bevy of jailbait at all times)
  • Theresa Sokyrka
  • Members of Moist, The Meligrove Band, The Salingers, The Salteens, The Exchanges, White Cowbell Oklahoma, The Sundogs (hello Irish accent!) and many more
  • Various music scribes, but that's more exciting to me than to you
Happy birthday, Chart! Thanks for the lootbag! Sign my yearbook later, k?

(Now playing: "Nothin'", The Ugly Ducklings)

9 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Moe Berg? I thought he'd wind up dead in a ditch somewhere with a mind full of chemicals like some cheese-eating high school boy . . .

That being said . . . AWESOME cover Sofi!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

It could have been the re-animated corpse of Moe Berg.

Jury's out.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're interested, Andrew, Moe Berg apparently DJs once a week. I think it's Saturdays at the Tap.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How brave of you to pose for the cover wearing NO BLACK! (Do you get banned from indie and/or industry parties as a result?)

2:34 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

My fishnets were black.

Otherwise I'd have been turned away at the door.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sofi, you can visually identify B-list celebrities that I've never even heard of. And that is why you will be a famous writer. And you're on the COVER! YOU ROCK HOT STUFF!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Oh...that...cover's...not...real.

Yay for Photoshop! (And the very talented Claman!)

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured as much afterwards looking at the Chart web site, but you know, one of the great challenges of the next decade will be separating truth from fiction thanks to photoshop and computer technology....I'm just starting early :-)
D.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case any of you ever think about buying a house, don't.

If you rent your house, when you find asbestos you just call the land lord. If you own your house, when you find asbestos you actually weigh the costs and benefits of lung cancer vs. removing the asbestos. Cost and benefits of leaky basement vs. fixing it. Cost and benefits of no insulation in the walls vs. freezing. Etc. etc. etc.

So, if next year I disappear and none of you hear from me, it's because the renovations are finally done and I am never leaving my house again.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home