Monday, May 09, 2005

Best Sunday Dress

I just got back from a shopping spree. Although buying new things usually gives me the happy-warm-giddy-fuzzies, I'm far from thrilled.

I spent more money than I've spent in a long time - and it was on clothing required for my foray into the world of the working. I tend to gravitate towards unique clothes that reflect my personality. The clothes I bought today reflect nothing but lame.

Purchased:
  • One boring magenta crew-neck top
  • One boring lime crew-neck top
  • One respectable corporate black skirt (knee-length)
  • One pale yellow 1950's-style sweater with buttons on the shoulders (alright, I kinda dig it)
  • One pair of black capri pants that I can only justify because summers are hot and shorts are inappropriate for the office and even though I think capri pants are retarded as a concept (do you want to wear pants or do you want to wear shorts? Just commit to a length, you ass!), these ones happened to look quite nice on me and with some Mary Janes and a pink top, I can totally pretend I'm an extra in Grease or something
  • One pair of cream linen capri pants (these I really cannot justify)
Monetary damage: $224.80

Psychological/emotional damage: I feel like such a preppy fuck.

Casual Fridays are going to be so awesome.

(Now playing: "Pink and Brown", Headphones)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sofi,
When I had to start wearing button-down work shirts, I got piercings underneath. It's a hard adjustment, the Uniform. I've found the saving grace of dressing up for work is that it gets you the kind of job that lets you spend money on whatever kind of clothes you want to wear when you're not at the office.

D.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I better see some pics of you in this stuff. Preppy rocks. It's the new rad.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home