Tuesday, July 19, 2005

All of My Friends Were There

I am extremely lucky to have many hardcore friends who didn't mind celebrating the anniversary of my birth on a schoolnight.

Cameras are great! They remember things when I don't!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Chocolate cake + Labatt fiddy = ideal start to 25.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Anji, Matt, Tracey and Christine.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is what DJs look like when you pay them in Strongbow.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joan, Hil, Castle and Brendan.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Lindsay and Tony are aglow.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Concordia Journalism Grads: Toronto Chapter (note errant bra strap marring otherwise adorable shot).


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The ever-affable Salingers delight in signing my hilariously over-sized birthday card.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Salingers kick ass, take names.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me, Christine and Erin.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Magda Marmalade and Ryan Salinger.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Our slow descent into alcoholism.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yes, folks - this is seriously the most action I've seen in months.

Thanks for coming, everybody. This should hold me over until I turn 30.

If you couldn't make it out, why not just tell me that you were there? I will probably believe you.

(Now playing: "Midnight to Six Man", The Pretty Things)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sofi, you are a hot, hot drunk... I mean, birthday girl.

Thanks for a fabulous and random night, you popular thing, you!

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, because that's exactly what the Internet needs. More photos of me looking like a complete idiot.

Not that I look like an idiot in that last photo, mind you. I think we can all agree that I come off pretty well in that one. But if my girlfriend asks, that's not me, okay?

1:48 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Why is it that digital cameras always make me look like an uncouth inebriate? Oh, wait . . .

Sofi, it was a damn good time.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot Damn! You're hot, damn!

Kisses,
Daphna

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday,
to my Pseudo-Floor Senior of days gone by.

I'm a pseudo-frosh again. i'm starting at concordia in the fall for electroacoustics. weeeee.

bring on the frosh week. again.
i feel lost and confused. again.

but i'm getting by. my french skills are enough that i can YELL MY VISA NUMBERS in french at the FUCKING VIDEOTRON CALL CENTRE MONKIES, because they keep punching it in wrong. and now i have to wait a month for internet.

But mostly, happy birthday.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Awwww! Hi Joely!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

Sofi, did you drop a few pounds? you look really good.

Oh, happy birthday.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was probably there and you just don't remember. I know I was drunk at the time, so I was probably at your party. Or maybe wearing a bathrobe-esque traditional costume and drinking outdoors in 35 degree 100% humidity. What better way to celebrate the anniversary of a birth?

Happy birthday.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Pete: I will accept that backhanded compliment. Thank you. I guess the last time you saw me, I was in full-on "I am in a stable relationship and need not impress anyone" mode. Lately I've been in "Holy shit, I could conceivably never have sex again!" mode. So yeah. I guess I'm about 10 pounds lighter these days and I intend to drop another 20 this year. As someone who recently transformed his body (congrats!), I'd appreciate any words of wisdom from you.

Seth: YUKATA!!!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Sully said...

Dear Sofi,

I was not there but will ply you with alcohol the next time I am in town.

As for that "adorable shot marred by the bra-strap" - send me a hi-res version of it and I would be happy to Photoshop it out.

While I'm doing it, I will Photoshop myself into the shot.
So see - I was there! Yes! Yes! I was!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a very fun night, and really nice to meet you Sofi - and everyone else.

I'm glad Matt's friends can drink. This is important.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Albino Squirrel said...

Sofi,

Hey, great night. I'm just upset that there's no pictures of me, considering I did fly in on the red-eye from Edmonton and everything :(

1:04 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

Sorry, Sofi, I didn't mean it to sound backhanded. Check out my wicked forehand: You're cute.

As for losing 20 pounds, no sweat. Well, lots of sweat. I'd guess three or four months of sweat would be reasonable.

I've got some general thoughts on the matter, but why not check out the website of my friend Alex, who's the one who set out my plan for me? You can see an incredibly horrifying picture of me there.

http://www.circuit-fit.com/

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home