Thursday, August 18, 2005

Skirting The Issue

I just bought this rad skirt.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Skirt in photo may be radder than it appears.

The problem is, I have no idea what to wear it with! Aesthetics are sort of beyond me, so I'm not very good at dressing myself. A white peasant top is the obvious answer to me, but I'm thinking that's a little too Oktoberfest. Any ideas? (Note: in person, it's all textured and has a hip I-spent-five-hours-sifting-through-utter-shit-at-Value-Village-to-find-this-puppy-
but-it-was-so-worth-it vibe happening, so anything that might accentuate that would be ideal). Email me or add a comment. Quickly, now! I am rapidly running out of skirt days.

It's come to my attention that, not only do Carl Wilson and Aaron Wherry link to my blog, they also visit it sometimes. So awesome! Boys, if you're reading this, you do damn good work. (Nonetheless, I look forward to stealing your jobs someday.)

Another busy weekend is approaching. Highlights include (but are not limited to): libations at Betty's, the CNE, being part of the judging panel for this year's crop of TTC buskers and...JOEL!

(Now playing: "Playgirl", Ladytron)

8 Comments:

Blogger Caitlin H. said...

oh em gee, my blog got linkage at Zoilus and PopWherry too! I feel special, though not quite the short-bus kind.

As for la skirt, I suggest a white blouse with a scarf of some form...make sure the scarf's got some orange on it to go with the skirt pattern. Nothing says "hip" like a scarf, yo.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would argue that nothing says "I'm going to a 1950s theme party like a scarf!" But, to each their own (don't hate me Caitlin, I'm just not one for well-placed scarves). That being said - Sofi, I put my money on what the girl in the photo is wearing - white sandals and a white boat-necked top (of course, I can't see her top, but this is my bet. Smart Set usually has some)

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say because the skirt is so busy, simplicity on the top is key. i personally, would not wear a peasant top with it, but i would wear white. the boat-neck top suggestion is great, and i think you COULD pull off a scarf. bring it around with you to stores, and try it on with a few items.

and lastly, one can NEVER run out of skirt days!

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Short-sleeve button-down dress shirt with a rounded (not pointed) collar and a small frill at the sleeve. If it has pearlescent buttons, so much the better.

(thank you Lindsay for suggesting a touch of frill).

Sofi, you are so hip it hurts. Also Morrissey's chin made Spin Magazine's top 25 celebrity body parts.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Sofi!

Hannah here (as in Seth's friend).
You came up in conversation the other day. Valerie is here visiting from Vancouver (which you may or may not know) and I was mentioning how I had gone to see Joel at Harbourfront and she said "Hey, you should meet my friend Sofi" and I was like "Yeah, I already kinda know her".

And that made me think to run off here and ask if you went to see Joel too, and here you say you were going to see him!! How EXCITING!

So, did you and was it fun?.... cause I had super-duper fun! (maybe we saw each other?)

11:15 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

I DID. And it WAS.

Joel's my favourite boy.

We were sitting in the third row on the lefthand side. Where were you?

And yes. I saw Valerie already (and will again) and I hung out with Seth and co. on Friday night. Good hearing from you again!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Left-hand side of the stage??

Were you there during Gordie too??
I was sitting on the ground in the isle on that side during his set. Did I possibly see you?

I stood up at the barricade right in-front of Joel for his set.
We were the goofs that yelled "Dave Marsh is hot!" and I was also the one that yelled to him that the lights he thought were Toronto Island was actaully a ferry.

I *heart* Joel!

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, and while we giggled like girls at the stage, my friend Kevin sat and chatted with Chris Murphy (who personally called him over).... It is a cruel, cruel world.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home