Friday, August 05, 2005

Wayne Petti Is In Bed With Me....Right Now!

That is mostly a lie.

After a bit of a hiatus, I am happy to report that I am back on the freelance writing train. I have a piece on Matt and Jill Barber upcoming in the Queen's Alumni Review, a review posted on UmbrellaMusic and a fun news bit on my boyfriends, which you can find over at Chartattack.

I must confess that if Wayne Petti and I got married, I would not be sad. Band boys with bright eyes, easy smiles and razor-sharp wits are A-OK by me. (Even if they are roughly the size of one of my thighs.)

In other news, this is shaping up to be a pretty bang-up weekend. I'm still slightly bummed that I'll be missing the Wolfe Island Music Festival, but really and truly, what is the fest without Joel Plaskett and/or The Sadies? Worth missing, that's what.

But yes. This weekend is looking like frigging awesome:

  • Karaoke with large and varied group of people tonight!
  • Daytripping at the Toronto Islands with Lindsay, Ben and a visiting Katherine tomorrow afternoon!
  • Fake Prom tomorrow night! Hot damn!
  • Linda's bridal shower on Sunday!
  • Potentially doing a reading on Monday night if I'm not too scared!
Exclamation points!

(Now playing: "Ecoutez", Elsa)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sofi said...

I think Life Stories For Minimum Wage was an EXCEPTIONAL debut. How the fuck do you follow that up? You just can't.

The S/T is fairly solid, but I don't think it's anywhere best-of-the-year solid. Still, I listened to "Take My Money And Run" at work like 20 times yesterday. Maybe my bosses will take pity on me and give me a raise and a car. (And a puppy?)

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home