Tuesday, July 26, 2005

You Don't Come Over That Often, Baby Doll

After the Teenage Fanclub show last night (note to self: no more late concerts on school nights - getting old, can't handle it), we were listening to the radio. Notably, 104.5 CHUM FM. My mother's station. And whose song comes on but this guy's!

It may or may not have been written about someone I know. I'm not actually sure about songwriting timelines. But that lends a whole other level of enjoyment.

Has a sweeter song about booty calls ever been writ? I doubt it.

Anyway, a Beyonce song came on afterwards, which was pretty hilarious. If it was followed up by the hot summer single by Bedouin Soundclash, I would have lost my shit.

People I know have got to stop becoming borderline rock stars. It's making me feel rather inadequate.

(Now playing: "Soft One", Matthew Barber)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is the new Bedouin album? I still only have Root Fire. Can you compare, on a song by song basis?

Neil

8:59 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

No.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know what the album is like, but that new single is what i like to refer to as "marley by the numbers".

also: HAHAHAHA, sofi.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

It was so weird seeing their cds in HMV the last time I was at the Cat Centre.

I did get to catch up with the boys last month when they had a mini concert at the Edge. And it was amusing watching Jay sign autographs.

Also it's really weird 'cause some of one of my brothers' friends really like Bedouin.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, now I finally know who does that damn "baby doll" song. Had no idea it was Matthew Barber. Heard it a handful of times on the radio here in Ottawa but the DJs never said who it was.
(btw, your blog came up as the only result when I searched for that line from the song, hence why I'm posting a comment here - to say thanks, I guess. )

3:43 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Happy to help.

I wonder if that counts towards my hours of community service.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home