Friday, September 02, 2005

The Blood Of Fats Domino Is Not On My Head

Fats Domino is alive and well. This is a huge relief to me.

I guess I should explain:

I'm working on a "Year In Review" issue at work. Basically I'm writing up a timeline of important music-related events in 2005. Neil Young has surgery for an aneurysm, Michael Jackson gets acquitted, Madonna falls off a horse - that sort of thing.

I have a quota to fill and was running out of important events. So I started thinking (and maybe even secretly hoping) that a prominent musician should kick it in the coming days in order to make my job a little easier.

Horrible, I know.

The next day I read that Fats Domino is missing and feared dead in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. I tell a co-worker that I think I maybe had a hand in killing Fats Domino. We laugh about it, but I am just appalled at myself.

As it turns out, Fats is okay! And he's looking pretty rad, if I do say so.

Phew!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Fats Domino and Elvis Presley: hey, they're both alive!

So that's one happy ending, at least.

(Now playing: "Lady Madonna", Fats Domino)

2 Comments:

Blogger jodi said...

fats rules! a friend of mine once had to track down fats domino for a potential re-recording of one of his tracks... she spent days trying to find him via managment and label. she finally got hold of one of fats' new orleans friends who, upon being asked if he could provide the phone number, replied, "fats ain't got no phone". friend ran the message over and all was well.

in the whole huricane disaster scenario i was looking for fats updates & am so happy to read your post!

nice blog, by the way.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Hey! Thanks very much, randoms!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home