Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Five Points That Contribute To The Indisputable Fact That My Job Is So So Awesome

1) I was in a bizarre music mood today, so I spent the better part of the afternoon listening to the greatest hits of ZZ Top and Heart. And you wanna know what? None of my co-workers said anything! I was expecting some chuckles or maybe some teasing, but no! Not even a quizzically raised eyebrow came my way. People just accepted that I was unironically enjoying "Sharp Dressed Man" and "Barracuda" and that was that.

2) I get paid! I know that happens at most jobs, but I still sort of can't believe that I am getting paid for what I do.

3) Casual Friday is every day! They scrapped the dress code. I wore jeans and a green tank top and bright blue and yellow sneakers to work today.

4) I was sitting in a meeting with a bunch of grown-ups a couple of days ago. Myself and the bunch of grown-ups were talking about business things. So crazy! Every few minutes I'd look around and think to myself, "Whoa! I sure am talking business with a bunch of grown-ups!" And then I would bite my lip in order to supress giggles.

5) Thursday is bubble tea day.

That about covers it. However, my work contract expires in September, so in a few weeks I might be all "I curse them for not renewing my contract! They are ignorant! Ignorant and BLIND to my immense talents!" instead of gushing about how I love everything and everyone.

Speaking of jobs, congratulations to Erin!

I'd planned to blog about my recent trip to the CNE, but it was so colourful and dizzying and surreal that I'm still too exhausted to even think about it.

(Now playing: "Alice Blanche", Les Lutins...[parce que'elle aime les gars aux cheveaux longs])

6 Comments:

Blogger Caitlin H. said...

for Sofi: MORRISSEY SHEETS!
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=9521&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=336&iSubCat=300&iProductID=9521

2:46 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

HOLY SHEET!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I'm sorry, but if you were to listen to ZZ Top around me, you'd better be prepared to catch a quizzically raised eyebrow.

A very quizzically raised eyebrow.

Maybe I'm just a close-minded asshole (but at least I wasn't the official band of George W. Bush's re-election campaign).

12:34 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

By the way, since I really feel the need to brag to everyone I know, and since it fits the theme of this post...I was just offered a real job today!!!

Say goodbye to Lee the starving grad student. Say hello to Lee the high school math teacher!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Congrats, Mr. Barnett!

Nooooo! ZZ Top! I always figured people with zany beards were card-carrying democrats.

Gross.

But that certainly gives new meaning to the song "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide."

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I''ll be back. Later :)

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home