Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Perfectly Legal Fun With Seventeen-Year-Old Boys

Paraphrased conversation had with Gawky Indie Teen at Beachfest:

Us: Blah blah blah blah...
GIT (turns around): Hey - are you guys talkings about Matthew Barber?
Friend (with an entirely straight face): Who's Matthew Barber?
GIT: That guy that just played.
Us: Oh yeah?
GIT: Yeah. He used to be cool.
Us: Oh yeah?
GIT: Yeah. He was all friends with Broken Social Scene and Joel Plaskett and those guys but then he went in another direction or something.
Me (also entirely straight-faced): Who's Joel Plaskett?
GIT: Thrush Hermit?
Me: OhhhHHHhhh.

Anyone who knows me & my friend knows why this was hilarious.

I think the gods were angry at our secret indie superiority. I got zapped with a rather nasty-looking sunburn on my shoulders and was also on the receiving end of a mild case of sunstroke. Yeow! Karmically punished!

Goodbye, summer.

My word. Where have the days gone?

("Where Do The Days Go?", The Flashing Lights)

8 Comments:

Blogger Albino Squirrel said...

Awww. Gawky indie teen was totally trying to hit on you guys.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

IF WE COMBINED LIVES, WE WOULD BE A CANADIAN MUSIC INDUSTRY FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH.

(Plus, we'd have a really solid collection of lipgloss.)

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan! I adore you. Just saying...

I will try to find my cool friend Carey in Helsinki and hook you two up. She's loads of fun, and has some very neat sweaters.

Smooch,
Daphna

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Susan,

The house is a giant black hole sucking time and money into space. However, eventually I will be able to live there, so that's a bonus (my plans for the weekend: filling two very large holes left from pouring concrete posts for the front porch, and stripping old siding off the house. Woot.) Actually, I am very excited about how nice it will be when it's eventually done. Guest beds for everyone! Come visit!

Daph

8:58 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Dear Susan and Daphna:

Uhhh - do you guys want each other's email addresses?

I kid! I kid because I LOVE!

You can keep conversing via my blog comments. I think it's absolutely precious.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Oh, how I love elitist indie snobs. Thereā€™d be no order in this world without us.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I scoff at YOUR lack of musical knowledge. SCOFF! Listening to Suede for the first time this year. Shameful.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

No fairrrrr!!!

I knew Trash and Insatiable One. I...uhh...just didn't own any of their records, for whatever reason.

Lucky I have you around.

(I take comfort in the fact that I still kick your ass on '90s Haligonian indie knowledge.)

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home