Monday, December 12, 2005

Let's Not Be Rash

I just got back from a whirlwind weekend in Montreal.

The trip was half lovely and half awful. Which, coincidentally, is exactly how I would describe the year I spent in that city. It's always nice to be consistent.

First, let me tell you about some of the awful. I was looking forward to going dancing with a lovely group of ladies on Saturday night. Unfortunately, I had to bail due to a crazy allergic reaction. I was a little wheezy and thought I had maybe picked up my friend's boyfriend's chest cold. But then my neck started to itch. And then my face started to feel hot. When I checked in the mirror, it looked like I had a sunburn. I told myself it was windburn...until hives started appearing around my mouth.

Aieeeeee.

I called my friends to cancel, took a shower and an allergy pill (I carry such things around with me at all times, on account of the Hummus Incident of 2000). While I was towelling off, I noticed crazy rashes on my neck, upper back, between my breasts and on my hips. And my face was still red and hot and hivey. I popped another allergy pill and that seemed to do it. The hives started to fade.

I fell into bed and dreamed about French pop.

But there was also much loveliness. The weather co-operated, I hung out with lots of wonderful people, and I crammed my soul full of poutine and bagels and beer. Oh my.

Also, I picked up a beautiful French man and brought him home.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He was a steal at $7.95.

(Now playing: "Things Are Tough All Over", Township Expansion - this has officially become my theme song for 2005, which has also been half lovely and half awful. You can listen here.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's not as beautiful as Aki Berg

11:12 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Look, that was just a really good angle, ok?

I think I might vomit.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best. song. ever.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home