Sunday, April 02, 2006

Starstruck, Part Deux

Friday night was the lovely Anji's 28th birthday. To celebrate, we went to a swank martini bar on College where the equally lovely Christine bartends.

Not long after we got there, Christine mentioned that Clive Owen was on the other side of the room. He's filming a movie in Toronto and hangs out at the aforementioned bar occasionally.

I decided that I had to "go to the bathroom" and walked right by the very handsome actor, who was clad in a dark suit and white collared shirt.

Now, which is the cooler story? Telling people that I saw Clive Owen in a bar? Or telling people that I talked to Clive Owen in a bar?

I approached Clive and introduced myself. He's quite tall. And quite attractive. (I never thought so before - but I suppose standing next to pretty pretty Jude Law would make anyone look like a bloated ogre.) He may be "ugly sexy" in the movies, but in real life he is just "sexy sexy". His eyes are very blue and piercing and his teeth are very white.

Even though I was 95% sober, I don't remember much of what was said (it was pretty loud, so there were a lot of "pardon me?"s). He definitely touched me on the arm, because I distinctly remember thinking to myself "Whoa, Clive Owen just touched me." I may or may not have called him Mr. Owen at some point. Yikes.

I did tell him that we were there celebrating my friend Anji's 28th birthday, and if he would mind wishing her a happy one. He said to bring her over.

And Clive Owen wished Anji a happy birthday! They proceeded to nod and smile politely at one another and it was just a tad awkward...and also TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

But I still hate Closer.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Thanks be to Optimus for this stellar illustration!

(Now playing: "Midnight To Six Man", The Pretty Things)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww i love Closer!

P

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy, Closer! It cost the same to buy ("previously viewed") as to rent, so, based on the cast, I bought. And I hated. And I promptly gave away.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Christine Estima said...

i fricken love Closer, how dare you sofikins!

and which college martini bar was this? i live RIGHT in that area and i want some clive owen in my apartment!!!

btw, turns out the night i was at the Drake underground for CMW, clive owen was upstairs, and i never saw him. the universe owes me some owen-cock.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Won't publicly divulge the name of the bar, for Clive's sake.

(I'll email it to you...shhhh!)

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home