Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I Am Just A Dreamer Wearing Sensible Shoes

I was supposed to go to a swank party and rub elbows with Carlos D tonight. Instead, I opted to hang out elsewhere and cuddle a day-old baby. Newborns kick the asses of Interpol bassists any day of the week.

The person who bottles New Baby Smell will make millions. Fact.

I introduced my mum and dad to the wondrous Jill Barber tonight. (Not Jill the person. Just Jill's music.) They are suitably smitten.

Dad: She has a lovely voice!
Mum: Why have I never heard of this Jill Barber?!

Because there is no justice in the music industry, mother dear.

Speaking of Barbers and loveliness, I'm very much looking forward to my sojourn in Kingston this weekend. It's been nearly a year since my last visit. Plus, when shit like this happens a block from my house, it's nice to get the hell away for a little while.


(The sunset without you is no less pretty than it ever was.)

(Now playing: "The Best View", Jill Barber)

2 Comments:

Blogger Caitlin H. said...

OMG downtown! I can see S&R from there!

(and I was supposed to be in attendance at said swank party too - I kinda sorta have an addiction to Mr. D - but I had to thrash my way through two major school essays instead :'( woe!)

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh that photo makes Kingston look gorgeous! Amazing, when you take Aberdeen out of the photo, what a lovely city that is.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home