Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I LIKE SHINY THINGS!

I would like to introduce you to my new favourite shiny thing:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mine is the silver one. And yes, it is indeed a combination CD player/turntable.

Do you know what this means? This means that I can listen to records IN MY ROOM! No more mandatory relegation to our icky dank freezing cobwebby basement for to hear records!

A happy girl is me!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(c) 2006 Art Litwell

(Now playing: "Oh Oh, I'm Falling In Love Again", Jimmie F. Rodgers...on VINYL! Blissssssssssssssssss!)

5 Comments:

Blogger JTL said...

That's odd... I didn't know John Lennon had sisters in the music biz.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Ms. Cam said...

so jealous. i have this strong desire to become a hipster stereotype and collect 7"s and have TWICE almost bought this same cd player (in black or in red) to justify said goal...

do you recommend purchasing?

8:18 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

I DO recommend!

It's aesthetically pleasing, the sound is crystal clear (if ever-so-slightly tinny, due to the metallic nature of the speakers) and HELLO! IT'S ALSO A RECORD PLAYER!

Plus, it's roughly $200, which includes a one year warantee. I'd say that's almost suspiciously cheap.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sofi,
Who makes it? My CD player just broke. this would be a good alternative.
Sarah

2:50 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Hi Sarah,

It's made by TEAC. I got mine at Bay Bloor Radio but I've seen it all over town. Again, about $200 including tax.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home