Wednesday, August 30, 2006

London Calling (Paris Be Mine)

Big news on the horizon!

Tomorrow, for the first time in my life, I am leaving North America and going to Europe.

You already knew that? Oh...okay...good job, then!

But wait, there’s more!

After more than 2 1/2 years of faithful blogging, I have decided to retire You’re The Bee’s Knees.

I started this blog after graduation as a way to keep in touch with my university friends. Unfortunately, it’s too easily accessible to strangers who google my name and to people who are no longer in my life in any meaningful way. This blog has served its purpose. It’s time to move on.

Since old habits die hard, I’ll be starting a new blog under an alias. I will not be posting the link here. If you’d like access to it, please write me a catch-up email of no less than 4 hefty paragraphs, detailing news of work/school/lovelife/family/etc. Tons of people check my blog who I haven’t heard from in weeks or months or even years. It’s one-sided and voyeuristic and completely unfair. Tit for tat, people!

Wish me a good trip! I’ll be posting photos on my new blog, if you’re coming along for the ride.

Thanks for reading.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(c) 2006 Art Litwell

(Now playing: “Vanishing Girl”, The Dukes of Stratosphear)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I apologize. Someone named Allegra posted on the Sloan boards with a link to an album review on her blog. I was bored at work so I started clicking around on the links on her blog page and ended up finding your blog. Once I saw a link to Jay Pinkerton's page I just had to read some stuff and post a couple comments. I'm sorry if strangers like me are the reason why you're stopping your blog.

I hope your new blog goes as you intend it to.

Have a good trip,

Dan

10:57 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

No need to apologize at all! You may be a stranger, but you're a stranger who posts comments. That is totally cool in my books. I often do the same.

It's the strangers who google and lurk and google and lurk and never make their presence known that totally creep me out.

That and it's time to houseclean my life.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Sofi,

i'm a fellow Chartie, found your blog through Caitlin's and thought it was really funny/interesting/entertaining/various other complimentary things... i never posted before because we haven't actually met, so it seemed weirder to post than not, and i guess blogs just seem like such a public thing - although now i feel like a big creepy lurker so i thought i'd say hi :)

anyway, good luck with the reboot, and i hope you have a blast in Europe,

dave mcdougall

2:27 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Hi Sofi....long time reader/lurker! But not a stranger, honest! I just like to read up on fellow GW folk and see how they're doing.

Will be sad to see your blog go (mine hasn't been updated in about a year, I'm sad to say). Have a blast in Europe...I hope we get one final update after you come back!

Sara / Daancing Queen

2:52 PM  
Blogger JTL said...

Miss Sofi,

I guess you could call me a stranger, with us never really having met and all. But I do occasionally post (what I think is) a witty quip or observation or comment or something. Plus, we're both GW, and that's gotta count for something.

If you could kindly let me know where you're gonna be a-writin', that'd be super; the bit before the blogspot on my blog (the "3jtl1") is my qlink login, and that account is still very much alive and well. For now.

Enjoy The Continent, and go easy on the absinthe. I hear it makes people a bit goofy.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Thanks for all the nice messages, folks! Just a reminder - I am not giving away link freebies:

"If you’d like access to it, please write me a catch-up email of no less than 4 hefty paragraphs, detailing news of work/school/lovelife/family/etc."

Get it? Got it? Good.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

But now I won't know how the story ends! Will sofi move to the city? Dun dun dunnnn...

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but what if some dink links to your spanking new blog with the text "sofi papamarko"? the google fairy will notice this and your bliggity blog will no longer be pop-secret.

also: the word verification image to post this comment is "currrf", but it sure looks an awful lot like "cunt"!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Christine Estima said...

hey sofington babydoll, now that you're soaking up the continent that i just warmed up for you, caitlin and i are both going to miss the bees knees, you had a kickass run here. macnews/chart love will never die!! vive la papamarko!

or something.

call me when you get back, we must have get crunked.

xoxo

9:13 PM  
Blogger Kritty Uranowski said...

as if yew had a blog
and not only did i not know
but i missed the boat!!!

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home