Sunday, August 13, 2006

Wolfe Island Music Festival 2006

Wherein a bunch of kids from Toronto flock to Kingston in order to see a bunch of bands from Toronto play.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Fembots, featuring guest vocals by the very talented Krista Muir (whose alter-ego, Lederhosen Lucil, was sadly not on the bill).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lukas, Indra and Kate were completely captivated by the Chris Brown All-Star Band.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dounia and I (being for the benefit of Mr. Hanson).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Summertime is such a climb!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The amazing Jon Rae and The River. With special guests, The Gnats.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I could listen to the Hidden Cameras play for the rest of my life. I LOVE them. What a fun show. (Even Maggie is smiling!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Fist pumps were de rigeur. (The Hidden Cameras also played a more sedate set at the Sleepless Goat the next day. Sadly, I took no pictures.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's fitting that my only usable photograph of Wintersleep is in such warm tones, considering it was their sweatshirt that kept me from freezing my ass off after the sun went down.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Constantines were tighter than a 19-year-old nun. As usual.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was the part of the show where Bry Webb announced our impending nuptuals over the mic. People cheered. We kissed. I cried.*

*Lies!

(Now playing: "Scoundrel Babes", The Constantines)

7 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n Allegra said...

Ahhh... I'm being killed by the red eye! Demon!

Also, I love the Flashing Lights reference (I didn't want you to think it was lost).

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"tighter than a 19 yr old nun" ...ha, yesssssssssssssssssss.

I seldom miss a Hidden Cameras show, and now I've missed 2 in a row. Clealy I'm no longer worthy.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

BETHPAPERPIXELS!

Will you be at the Syd Barrett tribute tomorrow night? Please come and find me. I will be wearing a very loud dress.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOH! would you mind... sending me those hidden cameras photos via email? i wanna show lief what a celeb he is!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

I won't be able to email them until this weekend (I'll barely be home over the next few days), but you can always just send him this link?

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you have already deduced, I did not make it to the festival as I had been planning since last year's festival (quite literally).

Life intervened in the form of a tornado in Muskoka...long story, but suffice to say that the choice was taken out of my hands.

Your pictures make me feel like I was there, while simultaneously filling me with horrid envy.

So, thanks...and damn you to hell.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

That is sad and also lame. A mere tornado? Pish!

Poor Mike The Stringer!

(Tiffo's excuse was way way lamer, though. A bridal shower! Anyway, you win.)

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home