Friday, September 24, 2004

Money, Get Away

Montreal is an expensive city, and I have been spending indiscriminantly quite happily for some time now. Although I am very much enjoying my new clothes/CDs/cosmetics/memories of drunken nights out, I can't keep this up for much longer. My bank account is telling a tale of woe and irresponsibility. My bad spending habits have got to stop now.

Or...I could just get a part-time job. An easy, fun job like my DJ days at the Toucan that kept me in beer and groceries and a trip to New York City.

So I was skimming the McGill employment ads, and came across this:

ova for sale
Posted Thursday, September 23, 2004
Three beautiful McGill students, fertile and willing, looking to sell our ova. Prices negotiable, starting at $1000/egg or three (one of each) for $2500


Fucked up! Is this a joke? Or is it for real? If it's real than I just...I don't know...I mean...I...don't....uhhh....yeah.

No matter how dire my financial situation, my ova will stay put, thank you very much.

(Now playing: "The Trouble and the Truth", Cuff the Duke)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You saw my ad!

Just kidding...I hear ya sister, I spend money like I'm on vacation when I'm here. If you do find a job that's fun, easy, and doesn't require any french at all, get yourself hired, and then somehow, hire me as well.

-Melissa

12:45 PM  
Blogger I am the lizard queen said...

I can probably get you a job at my old place of employment, that crappy crappy toys r us customer service gig. I think they're lax about the french thing. They need a bunch of people to answer the phone for the pre-xmas rush. The pay is about $11/hour and the office is downtown but they require at least 18 hours per week for part timers. All in all it's not so bad. But I'm still sad that I'll probably be going back there soon.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

compared to scarbaria? perhpas. but i feel this city is cheap! (well, except for sushi. grr.)

that said, i also haven't been going out and partying every night like you have... *sigh* you're so cool. :-)

3:50 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

"No matter how dire my financial situation, my ova will stay put, thank you very much."

I beg to differ, Sofi. If my seventh-grade sex-education classes are any indication, I'm betting that at least one of your ova per month will not stay put.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home