Friday, October 15, 2004

A Dilly of a Pickle

I needed to post to get rid of that insanely sexy photo of Morrissey. It hurts me to look at the man. I whimper like a puppy every time.

In its stead, I will post the colourful logo of a cleverly-named theme party I am fortunate enough to be attending this evening:



I will be bringing mango, cran-apple and elderflower pop. I am looking forward to seeing how all of the aforementioned will taste when mixed with peach schnapps.

In other news, I'm considering applying for an editorial position at a magazine in Toronto. It's basically my dream job and I believe I'm qualified. The only problem is this: it starts before Christmas. If I actually got the job, it would mean:

1) I would not finish my journalism program at Concordia
2) I would have to move back with my parents (but since I would have a steady full-time job, that would likely last no more than another year)
3) I would have to abandon my wondrous housemate and force her to live with someone who is not me for second semester, which would be really sad for both of us
4) I would have to leave Montreal

I have yet to discuss this with my housemate and parents, but I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go for it. After all, my program is about finding a job. And this is a really great opportunity that I shouldn't pass up.

Updates as they come.

(Now playing: "Picadilly Palare", Morrissey...for a change of pace)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the perfect job for you in Winnipeg. I think Toronto is a much better idea. DO IT! You can always go back to school, right? Well, check with school on that one.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ack! it's not a pop, it's a beverage made with lightly carbonated mineral water. yeesh. also, so very delicious. the lemongrass pressé is tied for my favourites (with the elderflower pressé).

toronto: go for it. but perhaps check with concordia to see if you could get back in the program for second semester next year, on the chance that it doesn't work out.

mmm... bagels.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and they sell cordials! OMG! instead of pimping out my bike, i think i'll be buying a case of cordials when i win the lottery. or get a job. or you get a job. ;)

~benjamin
(still mmmming the bagels)

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, are you applying for Chart? So does that mean I shouldn't? Because if we both apply mine will just look silly.

It really will. But, if you get the job, you can hire me later in some type of coup.

If you didn't guess, this is your brother.

3:54 PM  
Blogger I am the lizard queen said...

You should go for the job but when you get it and they realize that they can't live without you, tell them you're telecommuting and come back to Montreal.

The Hour (or was it the Mirror? I always forget which
I was reading) is also hiring for all sorts of sweet things, though moving to winnipeg would kind of suck.

Sorry again about missing breakfast this morning. I suck the bag, big time.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home