Saturday, October 02, 2004

I'm Pop

I just wanted to share that I went to the Three Gut Records showcase last night, featuring:

  • Sea Snakes (adorable, from what I caught)
  • Gentleman Reg (Jono, is that you?)
  • Jim Guthrie Band (who played hilarious covers of "Ain't Go No/I Got Life" from Hair and "Survivor" by Destiny's Child)
  • The Constantines (terrifyingly precise and aggressive, as usual. Hot. Sweaty. Emphasis on hot. Made people in the crowd act like total assholes, however. I got hit by this one crazy dancing girl's giant backpack maybe 10 times, and Joslyn's sandaled toes took a savage beating. Also, I haven't seen bodysurfing since 1997...what the fuck? Is a headbanging renaissance just around the corner? Only time will tell.)

Since I'm obviously in no mood to write in full, coherent sentences, I will simply direct you here for the full details of my Pop Montreal experience through the eyes of someone much taller.

(Now playing: "Goodbye Baby & Amen", The Constantines)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no way. reg is way too albinoish to be jono.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home