Monday, February 14, 2005

Fond But Not in Love

In honour of my first Valentine's Day as a Single Woman in a couple of years, I've decided to intentionally have the most pathetic day possible.

So far:
  • put on pretty make-up for no one but myself
  • moped
  • watched a tape of last night's Desperate Housewives while eating Ruffles
  • considered adopting a cat (even though I don't particularly like cats and am allergic)
Yet to come:
  • drinking alone
  • eating bon-bons, Peggy Bundy-style
  • dinner consisting of Kraft Dinner and sliced up hotdogs
  • binge drinking tequila with a group of lovelorn folk while playing board games


My valentines today (and the recipients of my misdirected spinsterly love) are Lukas and Indra for housing me in Kingston this April if I get the Whig-Standard internship. Rah rah!

(Now playing: "Oh Heart", Jill Barber)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude!

Happy Valentines day none the less.

I find that pushing vagrants down stairs and shit talking your housemates cat/other pet may help you to feel better about your situation.

Word,
I have to study for a midterm!
Baaah.
-Kem

12:45 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

I feel AWESOME about my situation! .I ujust had a third of a bottle of tequila. I am a happy girl. And I got flowers and 2 valetneins and cupckaes and ate a lot of chips and I;m super stellar.

Class tomrrow ooooohhh shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiit.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Classes? Being skipped as we speak.

Drinking? Never happening again.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Sofi?
I'm glad you had a very full Valentine's Day. KD and weenies, washed down with tequila, eh? Yikes.

Thank you for the heartwarming comments...it'll be so much fun having you stay with us!

BTW: will I be seeing you for the viewing of 'The Hotness That Is The Plaskett'?

9:58 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Dear Indra,

I am all over Joel.

Literally.

3:37 PM  
Blogger I am the lizard queen said...

Sofi - You are totally amazing and anyone should feel lucky to spend Valentine's Day with you. I sure did.
Sorry I ate your pity Kraft-Dinner and laughed at the mumu and camp photos of you. Also that you had to suffer defeat at the hands of team Liz. Also the comments about your parents getting divorced were out of line. My bad. I'm kind of an asshole that way.
You're the best Tammy Faye Baker I've ever seen.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home