Thursday, February 10, 2005

Sing Me to Sleep

It's amazing what six solid hours of sleep can do for one's mental and emotional stability (i.e. I feel much better, thank you.) God bless warm milk and Patrick McGoohan.


I'm soothing, yet painfully arousing.

I'm not hating on the Toronto Fringe Festival anymore. I mean, I'm fairly certain they weren't conspiring against my happiness. Also, it's not as though the lottery were based on the artistic merit of the submitted plays. It was the luck of the damned draw, that's all. I need to learn to not take things so personally.

Anyway, the good news is I can now use the $600+ I would've spent on my play to buy myself super awesome shit! Like a digital camera! And knee-high bitch boots! Or food and shelter! Nee haw.

(Now playing: "Forget All About It", Nazz)

Addendum: I've recently installed a statistics counter on my blog so I can see who reads it and where they're from. What's interesting (aside from the international hits stemming from such google searches as "lesbian mothers nude photos" and "I'm so lonely, I have no money") is how many hits I've been getting from Toronto media. People from The Globe and Mail, The Toronto Star and City TV have been reading and re-reading the bee's knees (probably a bi-product of the Torontoist/Killers fiasco.) What I would like to say to you, Toronto media, is this: if you find me endlessly fascinating, hire me! I'm awesome and I'm qualified and I'm all yours, come this spring! You know how to get in touch...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sofi,

Never, ever publish the stats on how many times your site is visited by the same Government of Canada IP every day.

I like my job.

Britney Spits

12:56 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Don't worry - your secret is safe with me, Ottawa.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Hello! Sorry to hear about the Fringe Festival lottery. I'm sure your play deserved to be included.

Anyway, I'm trying to make some friends in the confusing world of blogs (I clicked on "Belle and Sebastian" and you popped up). So you should stop by my blog and say hi. OK, byebye.

LEE

4:47 PM  
Blogger I am the lizard queen said...

Is there any way you could start a similar feud with the Montreal newsprint media and see if they don't start reading your blog and offer you jobs too? Toronto is the devil.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. For a second, I was all tickled pink because I thought you had a huge crush on the same former-actor that I did: the dude from 'The Sound of Music'. Except that's Christopher Plummer. Still, they're like doppelgangers, those two in their youth.

-indra

1:09 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Hey, thanks for the excellent suggestion! I took your idea and made my list of the top 3 lists of 2004.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home