Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Comfy New You

Happy oh five.

New Year's Eve was pretty good. Hil and I got drunk on cheap wine and Tom Waits before heading to a house party near High Park where I brought in the new year with some of my favourite people.

Best line of the night: "1985 is gonna be awesome!" - Jonathan Bunce

I made no attempts to befriend or even really talk to anyone unfamiliar to me at the party. Maybe that will carry over and become a new year's resolution?

Tomorrow, I'm joining the gym two blocks away from my apartment. My poor, oft-abused body has been screaming for some routine cardio for a while, and I've been ignoring it (because it's easier and cheaper that way). Not no more.

Winter has been a bit of a non-event so far. Usually I dread the months of November through March, but I've managed to avoid the extreme cold. I haven't even broken out my fun stripey scarf yet. Either everyone who's warned me about Montreal's brutal winters are a bunch of pussies or global warming is super duper awesome!

(Now playing: "Loved On Look", The Sadies)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting... clearly i missed the jonathan bunce quote, although it does amuse me now. it was wonderful spending new years with you, sofi. i wouldn't have had it any other way.

unless it was to make out with matt blair.

oh wait, matt reads this, doesn't he? ;)

3:23 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Lukas, is that you?

4:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

By glancing at your profile I bet you would love a band called "dredg"

6:06 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Thank you for the tip, FFF. But I just downloaded some dredg. And I do not love.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home