Friday, March 18, 2005

Hating on Leah

Sofi says:
Right now I just want a future that doesn't involve working at McDonald's!

Lukas [ You Got the Heart of a Champion! ] says:
hahaha. i have confidence that you will be a Famous Canadian Journo

Sofi says:
I do not.

Lukas [ You Got the Heart of a Champion! ] says:
just like.. yknow, what's his name. with that column?

Sofi says:
I am sad and anxious about my future.

Sofi says:
Yeah, that guy!

Lukas [ You Got the Heart of a Champion! ] says:
and, uh, whozits, from that weekly thing that comes stuck in my Globe?

Sofi says:
Yeah, her!

Lukas [ You Got the Heart of a Champion! ] says:
you got it. famous like them.

Sofi says:
woooooo!

Lukas [ You Got the Heart of a Champion! ] says:
i think you should be like leah mclaren

Sofi says:
I hate her. But that is only because I am secretly jealous of her and want her cool life.

Lukas [ You Got the Heart of a Champion! ] says:
"We were at Bar One last night for the Prada spring line party, and surveying the crowd, I confess to a certain sense of ennui...."

Sofi says:
arghh!

Lukas [ You Got the Heart of a Champion! ] says:
"... at which point I turned to Justin Trudeau and said..."

Sofi says:
"I simply do not comprehend why everyone claims to have been a loser in high school! I mean, some of us must have been popular. Take yours truly, for instance. I was extremely well-liked. Boys who I loved returned the favour. I was pretty and cool and had beautiful clothes."

Lukas [ You Got the Heart of a Champion! ] says:
"... but the poorly-tutored barstaff brought me Moet when I asked for Perrier-Jouet..."

Sofi says:
You ARE Leah McLaren, aren't you?!?! Secretly.

Lukas [ You Got the Heart of a Champion! ] says:
Yes, I secretly am. But sorry, loves, as much as I do love talking about my fabulous life, I must be off to go skiing with scandanavian royalty and the bassist from Interpol.

Sofi says:
Bitch. I'll scratch your cultured eyes out.

(Now playing: "Hello, I Am in Delaware", City and Colour)

Addendum: For the record, Lukas and I totally hated on Leah before reading this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

of montreal! of montreal! of montreal!

so excited.

brendan benson is also playing soon. and randomly, okgo is coming back. i know that's like "you mean, that 'get get get get get over it' band?" yes, that band, but have you heard their other songs? ROCK!

also, susan, i do believe i saw you at york the other night, but i was far far too tired from the trek and cannot be sure. st. patrick's day?

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tsk, Mclaren TOTALLY got that job because of her mum (who, I believe, also (used to?) work for the globe and mail).

-priscilla

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home