Sunday, March 13, 2005

A Little Less Conversation, A Little More Action

Three brief conversations that essentially summarize my weekend spent in Kingston

#1 - Drunk in the EngSoc Lounge

Dave: Somebody just left this General Tao chicken lying here!
All: Sweet!
All: (eat eat eat)
Sofi: Um...how long has it been sitting here?
Dave: Not that long.
All: (eat eat eat)
Sofi: Who does it belong to?
All: ...
All: (eat eat eat)

(And later:)

Sofi: Wicked! Only slightly gnawed-on brie! Now, let me just eat around this lipstick mark...

#2 - Whilst DJing at the Toucan

Guy: Heyyy - do you got any Spirit of the West?
Me: Ummmm. No.
Guy (pauses): You got any Bif?
Me: Nope. Sorry!
Guy (dismissively): Pffffff! (walks away in disgust)

#3 - In bed at 3:30AM, after a measly 4 pints of Labatt Fiddy

Stomach: I feel pretty sick. I think I'm going to...
Brain: Shh. You're fine.
Stomach: But I'd feel a lot better if I just...
Brain: NO! You're all right, you hear me?
Stomach: But....I....
Brain: Shut the fuck UP, you stupid BITCH!

(Now playing: "You're Gonna Miss Me", The 13th Floor Elevators)

P.S. I hardcore heart Lukas and Indra. Thank you both.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sofi said...

General Tao chicken night was Friday. Four pints of beer night was Saturday. Stomach vs. Brain = FIGHT! was very early on Sunday morning.

Otherwise, I would have drawn the self-same conclusion.

6:51 PM  
Blogger I am the lizard queen said...

Maybe it was that new-fangled slow-acting General Tao's chicken.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home