Sunday, February 27, 2005

Wham, Bam, Thank-You Love!

Last night, I attended my final Blow Up.



It's changed quite a bit from the night I loved so fervently a few years ago (i.e. the new venue is crap, the turn-out was meagre and the tunes were a far cry from purist British music - The Postal Service?! What the shit?), but I still had a good time and was surrounded by some of my very favourites.

I made sure to shake the hand of Mr. DJ Davey Love (He of Mammoth Silver Muttonchops) on my way out and sincerely thanked him for giving me a really great night to cut a rug every summer during my undergrad.

These days, mod nights seem to be a dime a dozen, but Blow Up was my first and will always have a special place in my heart.

(Now playing: "Wasting My Time", The Riots)

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Not just one, but two, yes two Postal Service songs.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's because of parties like Blowup that mod nights are a dime a dozen in Toronto. It's easy to lump Blowup in with the rest of them, and forget what an important part it played as an originator. It's a shame to see it go, but it sounds like Davy's moving on to bigger and better things.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sofi, are those your shoes (and feet)? I have to know.

Daphna

3:33 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Daph,

High heels and I have agreed to disagree.

This is just a fun image I found when I googled "union jack".

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home