Friday, October 21, 2005

You Better (Not) Shop Around

Pathetic-funny story for the day:

  • I am recovering from surgery.
  • I have left the house exactly thrice in the past 2+ weeks.
  • I have been going really fucking stir-crazy.
In an attempt to curb my ennui (and to make me feel like a part of the outside world), I have been doing a little bit of online shopping.

Scratch that. A great deal of online shopping.

I've been ordering CDs, lip gloss, skirts, more CDs, sweaters (new boobs = new clothes!), yet more CDs, etc. I know it's kind of a dangerous habit, but it's been super fun. I have enjoyed this vicarious mall-trolling a lot.

Today, I got an email informing me that my VISA card has been frozen.

Apparently, the nice people at VISA noted the flurry of charges on my account and temporarily de-activated it due to "suspicious activity".

Of course, I called them right away.

VISA: Would it be all right with you if we went over some of the recent charges on your credit card together?
Sofi: Yes, that's fine.
VISA: $115 at Amazon?
Sofi: Yes.
VISA: $17.50 at Bombshell Bath?
Sofi: Sounds familiar, yeah.
VISA: $170 at Delia's?
Sofi: Yup.
VISA: Yet another $87 at Amazon?
Sofi: ...yes.

This went on for a while.

So that was a bit of an eye-opener. Fortunately, I'm back at work next week. That will leave me with much less time to be a crazed consumer.

Check out this sweater I will soon own! How adorable is this sweater?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I regret nothing.

(Now playing: "Exile", The Pebbles)

5 Comments:

Blogger Sofi said...

That's very flattering, but that girl in the brown sweater and red pants? Not me! A model!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Ms. Cam said...

I heart online shopping. Delia's rocks.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Lindsay. Michelle. Lynch.

You have awesome taste...because I ALSO bought THAT. (Although I got it in black. Booooo. White would have been the better bet, in hindsight.)

10:34 PM  
Blogger K. Valliant-Saunders said...

You would totally look hot in that Sofi. Expecially with perky teats. I'm just saying a sweater is usually flattering when your boobs are firm. You know, like that girl in "Are you there God, it's me Margaret..."

Seriously guy.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Hey, thanks!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home