Sunday, January 08, 2006

I Am Resolute

There's a much better likelihood of me keeping my resolutions for 2006 if I announce them publicly. That way, you guys can get on my ass about them if I get all lazy.

  • Write more. Freelance music criticism, feature stories, fiction, poetry, plays, whatever. Pitch the hell out of anything and everything to anyone who will listen. Oh, and actually submit my invoices when I do get something published. I'm pretty shit at that.
  • Keep in touch with those who deserve it. Quit trying to stay in touch with those who don't.
  • Wake up at 6AM every morning and have myself a 25 minute workout. (I hear you snickering, but it's got to happen. My tummy is extra noticeable now that I have significantly less boobage. I needs must beat it into submission.)
  • Leave North America for the first time in my life. Europe calls. England + France + Italy = a broke but happy Sofi.
  • More making out! (Lucky for me, someone lovely seems more than willing to help me out with that, so I think this resolution will be an easy one to keep.)
  • Move! Out! Of! Scarborough! The time is nigh. September is my self-imposed deadline.
  • Stop ditching out on fun things like tonight's Wavelength because it takes too long to get downtown and 2 hours in a bar with rad music is not always worth the 2 collective hours of commuting. (This will change once I fulfill the preceeding resolution.)
  • Get my shit together and play in a rock 'n' roll band.
So that's them. They're ambitious and a wee bit daunting, but not impossible. We'll see how it goes.

(Now playing: "She's Going Down", Nazz)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While we're making semi-public resolutions, I have resolved to floss and exercise on alternate days. This means that every other day, all I have to do to meet my personal resolutions is floss. It's awesome. So far, so good (even the exercise part).

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your goal is to floss, Daphna?! That rocks. Also, I wish I'd thought of something as benign as flossing.

Also, twice a year new year's resolutions will be the death of me. Mark my words.

My (public) resolution is to drink 4L of water/day, starting with drinking 1L/day for the first week, moving up to 4 over 4 weeks. (I need to give my bladder a fighting chance to keep up.)

Finally, I want you to DISH on the fifth. (Provided I'm in the first part of the second.)

2:49 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

There's free couch access in Cambridge. It's a quick commute to london and the airport and the only fee is tap dance interpretation of the lord of the rings.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben - you can overhydrate, you know. Like those marathon runners who drop dead from drinking too much water and wrecking their internal balance (osmosis and all that jazz). But I support your resolution, and I will make sure that when I am in Montreal you drink at least a litre of that "Beer Water" that all the kids are talking about.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daphna - Way to ruin a perfectly well intentioned resolution on day the ninth. :p

5:35 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Dave: Yay! That makes you the 4th crashable couch in the U.K.! I also have one available in Paris. That means I'll only have to shell out for Italy. Oh, and the plane ticket. And food. And booze. And tacky little souvenirs of the Eiffel Tower.

Daphna: I read that as "Bong Water" and almost threw up. A whole LITRE of that stuff? Yechhhhh. God. I'd almost rather drink Wink.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Christine Estima said...

me likes dem dere resolutions.

those were my resolutions a few years ago, and lemmee tell ya, once you're able to tick one off the list, the feeling is orgasmic.

go sofi go!!!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home