Sunday, January 22, 2006

Lovesick Bruise*

Image hosting by Photobucket I fell on the ice on Tuesday and landed lower-back-first on a particularly unforgiving cement curb. This is what the bruise looks like five days later. (If you think that's gross, you should have seen it on day one.)

I bruise so easily.

At Bloor station yesterday, I run into Alison Lang. It's always a little weird seeing people out of context (with Lang, the context is Kingston). Not three minutes later, Chantal Langlois (another old Kingston acquaintance) emerges from the train and my brain explodes. Chantal dated a good friend of mine and she was also featured on the Ultraviolet 2002 CD I produced while at Queen's. She reminds me that it was the self-same CD that featured Bedouin Soundclash and we express our disbelief/happiness at their recent success. It was a brief and awkward meeting but she is lovely and we've since emailed.

At home, I dig out the Ultraviolet CD and listen to Chantal's offering on the comp. She has such a pretty voice.

While listening, I learn via Meghan that Reno's Hitmen (a Kingston surf band featured on the very same Ultraviolet compilation) have re-formed. I look at their photos and feel like I am an innocent 20-year-old again. The boys are older and seemingly wiser. Thankfully, I am too.

Bruises never disappear completely. They just sort of fade away.

(Now playing: "Come And Go", Chantal Langlois)

*The name of an old Kingston band.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sofi said...

Official drink:

Black and blue curacao

8:52 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

i have bruises on my legs from hitting myself with a tambourine and maracas. yay for shows at clark....

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home