Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Sun Will Come Out

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I woke up on the wrong side of the proverbial bed today.

My dad tried to chat with me over breakfast.
I treated this as a major affront.

It might have just been the weather being ick. Or my hormones being off-the-wall insane. Or any number of frustrations with people and/or work manifesting themselves.

Anyway, all you need to know is that I was transported back into angsty-14-year-old-girldom. I hated everything. For no reason. I even wore black! Best to not fuck with my shit.

But then, the sun broke through the storm clouds:

1) I got a really wonderful email reply from my most favourite prof ever. It came at the best possible time and was so funny that I started laughing out loud at my desk. And then my eyes started tearing up what with the mirth and I had to rush off to the washroom so my co-workers did not decide I was positively certifiable.

2) Rocky and Deena dedicated "Vanishing Girl" by the Dukes Of Stratosphear to me on Real Cool Time today (every Tuesday at 4PM on CIUT 89.5FM). It was totally unexpected and made me very happy.

3) A boring number-crunching meeting at work yielded unexpectedly hilarious results:

Speaker: So that covers our first-quarter results. Next on the agenda, we will discuss what's been going on with the back-end...
Me in my head: Teehees.
Speaker: As you can see, we're having some issues with our back-end.
Me in my head: HAR har har!!
Speaker: And as such, we will have to take a good, hard look at our back-end and ...
Me in my head: BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHhhahAHhAhAHahhhhh!!!! WOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!

Hmmm...so I guess I was a 14-year-old all day long.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go paint my nails blue, listen to Hole and practise rolling spliffs using gum wrappers and pencil shavings.

(Now playing: "Vanishing Girl", The Dukes Of Stratosphear)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you need help with those raging hormones...

3:05 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Dear H.I.M.,

There was an eleven month window when I was a) living in Montreal and b) single and hurting. That window is now shut. Firmly.

Where were you then, hmmm???

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my apartment, waiting for you. Perhaps I should have sent an invitation...

4:58 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Pffft.

Steve, is that you?

11:25 PM  
Blogger JTL said...

Sometime lurker, first-time commenter.

We all need to be a little puerile now and again (vis-a-vis the "back-end"). It keeps one young.

You write for GW once upon a time, right?

12:31 PM  
Blogger Carlyjayjay said...

Question: was your fave prof a Classics prof? 'Cause if it was...I agree with you.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Nope. This was a prof that you and I both had.

J to the Lazzzzo!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Carlyjayjay said...

Oh my God I love him! I miss the random, unexplained rants. Remember the day he ranted about the evils of week-old spaghetti sauce?

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home