Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Old Guy!

After the Eels show yesterday, I dashed off to surprise my lovely friend Andrew at the vaguely sketchy West End bar where he hosts karaoke on Saturday nights.

When I had finished wowing the crowd with the requisite Blondie tune, an older gentleman let me know that he had enjoyed my performance and that I had "a lovely voice".

Said gentleman was none other than Mr. Harry Brown.

For most of you, that name means nothing. But for those of you who watched Speaker's Corner on City TV religiously during the "Devil's Advocates" days, that name means everything.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me & my new friend Harry

(Now playing: "Old Man Going", The Pretty Things)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The name itself meant nothing to me, but I was an avid fan of his back when he and the Devil's Advocates were doing their thing. It seems to me that if you've got his approval, then you're doing something right.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Carlyjayjay said...

Does that bar have "Joe" in the name? I think I recognize the sketchiness.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

Ding ding ding!!!

Vanna, tell Carly what she's won.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Carlyjayjay said...

Holy shit!!! Did you talk to Jerry???

You'll know who I'm talking about if you did. But here's a clue:

"You got me feelin hella good!"

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home