Sunday, October 30, 2005

Great Big Party Of One (Hundred)

After three solid weeks of being a shut-in, I finally emerged in order to celebrate (and partially DJ) the combined birthday party of two great friends at The Boat.

Party of the century!

Some highlights:
  • Seeing lots of wonderful people who I haven't seen in a while.
  • Pitting The Meligrove Band against The Meligrove Band! ("I think The Meligrove Band won," Darcy wisely observed afterwards. "Oh, no contest," I replied.)
  • Mr. Peter Elkas rocking air guitar while I played "Stomp Your British Knights Down".
  • Observing the birthday girl and birthday boy being all happy and smiley and dancey throughout the evening. Feeling immense love for the both of them. Aww.
  • Using a very supportive friend as my Human Boobshield whenever I had to push through the crowd to use the washroom.
  • Chris Murphy of Sloan joining Pete for a rendition of "Roll Over Beethoven" (see hilarious photographic evidence, below). The jaded indie kid in me pretended to be unimpressed...but my inner 15-year-old won over.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Happy 25th birthdays, Lindsay and Josh!

(Now playing: "The Party Rages On", Zumpano)

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Cam said...

you clearly go to way better parties than me.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

My photo got posted on Torontoist.com! Ch-ch-check it!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two questions:

1) What's up with the "lights" in Chris Murphy's shoes?

2) Was Tommy Chong really at the party, and did you meet him?

- Grog

11:03 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

1) I'm not totally sure. Didn't notice that until I took the photo. It might have been reflective tape.

2) I didn't see Chong, but he was apparently there. Stranger things have happened (like Ron Wood making an appearance at the self-same venue a couple of months ago).

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i DO have a name other than "supportive friend" you know...

and can i get a little "alright!" for having my camera handy for you to take said awesome picture?

love you,

boobshield

8:10 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

I thought it would be funny to call you "supportive friend" because of the whole breast guardian/bra connection. Anyway, whatever. Thanks, Hilary!

And yes. Hilary's awesome for letting me borrow her awesome camera to take the first actually truly awesome photo I've ever taken.

AWESOME.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home