Thursday, November 03, 2005

November Spawned a Monster

At Seth's urging, I've decided to do something that I've wanted to do for years. I am participating in National Novel Writing Month...or NaNoWriMo.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comThis means that I will be spending many a non-work waking hour pounding away on a keyboard, trying to create something that is not completely crappy (but probably is).

So...I apologize if I am neglecting to call you back/email you back/MSN you back. It's not that I don't like you. It's just that I'm writing a historical romance novel (I've never actually read one) and am using phrases like "burnished copper tresses" and "pulling his kirtle up, he thrust himself into her, again and again".


I am not even kidding you.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(Now playing: "The Other Sidewalk", The Superfine Dandelion)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Historical romance novel is a great way to get in those extra words, get closer to the 50,000 mark.

And a much better idea than my NaNoWriMo crapola idea.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

I've got my nom de plume picked out for if I ever write a historical romance novel: Chastity Mountjoy.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Sofi said...

I'm going to stick with the tried-and-true "middle name + street of residence". It works out pretty well for me.

12:10 PM  
Blogger I am the lizard queen said...

What's a kirtle? Also, what's your working title? Can it involve kirtles, please.
I would surely buy a book entitled "Love in the Time of Kirtles"

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home