Sunday, March 21, 2004

Moonage Daydream

It seems to me that everyone I know is just one great big giant ball of stress lately. What with work woes, law/med school, applications for yet more school, break-ups, weddings, apartment hunting, apartment subletting, exams, loneliness, deadlines, crazy family issues, etc., it's a freaking wonder that everyone is...well...so mentally/emotionally stable. Or at least they appear to be on the surface. Things could be worse for us, sure. But things could certainly be better.

I'm going to indulge myself for a moment and daydream away. Now. I would very much like it if the following were to happen in my life (chronologically), so that I may lead a blissfully tension-free existence:

1) Get accepted to Concordia AND Ryerson for their Journalism post-graduate programs. Win scholarships. Big ones.

2) Win the lottery. Five million or so will suffice.

3) Fall in love with the perfect man who will pledge his life and heart to me forevermore. He will enjoy hand-holding and give unbelievable head.

4) Raise 2-3 perfectly balanced, healthy, exceedingly bright and reasonably attractive children who will adore their parents and themselves unconditionally.

5) Write the Great Canadian Novel, touching the minds and souls of millions of readers worldwide. It will not be featured on Oprah's book club. Oprah will be long dead, her book club forgotten. I will proceed to give 100% of the profits to charity (seeing as how I'm already a millionairess and all).

6) Discover unequivocal evidence of the existence of heaven and learn that I am headed there, despite my strong atheistic tendencies and my refusal to go see "The Passion of the Christ". Die peacefully in my sleep at the age of 88 - NOT in a car accident or of a brain aneurysm while pinching out a particularly big one on the shitter.

Yes. Yes. That will do nicely.

(Now playing: "Nothing Better", The Postal Service)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home