Thursday, March 25, 2004

I'm On Fire

Just two days after getting accepted to Concordia, the nice folks at The Toronto Star informed me that I am no longer a temp. They have decided to hire me as a permanent employee. Wowee zowee. A bit of a surprise, considering that they were feeling unsure about me less than three months ago...

Anyway, this means that I now have job security, health benefits (Work With Benefits = Friend With Benefits, but way way cooler), some say in what my schedule looks like, paid vacations, and I am no longer on contract. Which is great and everything, but I'm leaving the company/city in two months so I'll hardly be able to milk it for all its worth. They'll probably be willing to take me back after I graduate, though - it's good to have a safety net, even if I never have to use it.

(Now playing: "Anthems for a Seventeen-Year-Old Girl", Broken Social Scene)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home